This is the blog for the Wormuth One-Name Study, including all the variants; with progress reports and other information.

Sunday, April 21, 2024

Slow Progress

Progress is slow, if I'm conscientious and complete, at least, the basic information for each individual.

I'm currently moving forward from Peter and Harriet Wormuth and his other marriages, making sure that each person in the family are given profiles @ WikiTree and added to the Study.  Then, the marriages and children of each individual is added and another generation is completed.  

Right now, I'm working on Joseph Wormuth's family, having added all his children.  I'm now researching each of his children's families; the spouses and children.  I will then move on to the families of Joseph's brothers: John, Stephen and Peter, Jr's.; then, on to his half brother's families.

They all had a lot of children back then so that's a lot of profiles, most of which haven't been created yet.

BTW, I'm going to do a little Study, at some point, about the number of children that some of the women had and how old they were when they gave birth to their last child.  I'm thankful that changes happened.

I have a checklist for each profile I create @ WikiTree.  Each piece of the profile is not always found which is frustrating and I try to take the time to look in as many places as possible.  One of the most difficult things about researching the Wormuth family branches is that so many individuals in the family were named the same in different branches of the family.  Some have the same middle names so there may be multiple people within OUR branch of the Wormuths with the exact same name.  It makes research more time consuming because I have to spend more time sorting out which Peter or Joseph or Leon I'm finding.

What you can expect to see in most of my WikiTree profiles, if found:

  • Birth, marriage and death dates and places.
  • Place of burial.
  • Parents
  • Children
  • A photo.
  • Military service.
  • Any unusual information found.
  • Any memories discovered.

Any of you reading this, can join WikiTree and the Study, if you want.  Any of you can send me information and photos, and I will include them.

Watch the Count on the right.

Leave a comment, if you visit and read this.  Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment